Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Canadian National Championship - Panorama Resort, BC



Well it wasn't what I had hoped for, but the same track was used again this year. It's not a track that I get stoked to race on. It has two horrible uphill sections, but the rest isn't too bad. I got past the point of not having fun on the track and just tried to race it like everyone else would have to do.

My bad luck from Windham followed me into my seeding run at Nationals, where I entered a steep rockface near the end of the track. I snagged my pants behind my seat and couldn't make the turn after the rockface. My seat post hardware snapped and I had to reset on track again...without a seat. Sketchy!!

In my race run, I didn't feel fast in the first couple turns and tried to forget about it and keep riding. It was smooth but not fast. Things went totally wrong near the rockgarden. The wind was blowing the course tape into my braking line and it played with my head. I came in too hot and lost speed for the rockgarden. I them tried to make up for the lost time and let it fly. I still not sure what happened, but my front end got loose and before I had time to react, I hit a huge tree with my shoulder. I knocked the wind out of myself and couldn't finish the race. I did ride down on my own though.

This year hasn't been what I thought it would be. After having some good race results last year, I really wanted to improve further. A little sports psychology lesson should get me back on track!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment